We are looking for an operations support officer with a logistics background. In this position, you will be assisting the operations team with day to day administrative support and be in contact with clients/suppliers. We desire to make each project as smooth and stress-free as possible for our clients. Within our office based in Berkel en Rodenrijs, Netherlands (close to Rotterdam) you will be working with a small team in a dynamic and agile environment.
Wo are we
NMT Projects is a private and independent shipping and transport company within the NMT Group. NMT projects is a leading expert in providing global transportation solutions and total logistics management of project related cargoes. NMT has offices in: Australia, Brazil, Central-America, China, Thailand, The Netherlands, United Arab Emirates and USA. We are an organization with low hierarchy, and it's expected that responsibility and ownership is taken in this position.
What do we expect
- Support the operations team with day to day transport requests, filing and preparation of documents.
- Coordinate Transports by all means.
- Control budget and risk asses each project.
- Tender Assistance including gathering rates and shipping information
- Accountable for monthly maintenance of buying rates, fuel surcharges and other charges
- Responsible for ensuring all Purchase order number requests are followed up by Ops support team
- Admin support for both Sales and operations teams
- Being the first point of contact/support for regional office
- Resolve department day to day issues with clients, colleagues and 3rd parties.
Desired skills and experience
- Experience in an operations/management support function
- Solution oriented, you take ownership of tasks
- Excellent analytical skills
- A confident and positive tone of voice
- Fluent in Dutch, English is a must
- A structured and disciplined work ethic
- Great at organizing and planning
- Enthusiasm for the logistics industry
- Advanced Microsoft office skills are a plus
- No 9 to 5 mentality
What do we offer
- A dynamic and agile environment· In-house training opportunities
- Opportunity to grow within the organisation
- A fun-loving and diverse team
- Lunch at the office
- Flexible contract with the opportunity of long term employment
You will be closely working together with
- Operations Team
- Senior Management team
- Internal Operations
- External Clients and Vendors
- Other offices
- Full time
- Start date:1st of November 2021
Convince us that you have the desired skill set. Explain to us why you are qualified for the job and how you would deal with new aspects.
Please send your English or Dutch CV, motivation letter and salary indication to: email@example.com
To all recruitment agencies: NMT Projects does not accept agency resumes.